March 23, 2019 00:00
PARC Performing Arts Research Centre Firenze | IT
P.A.R.T.S., the Brussels school of contemporary dance based on Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker artistic practice, organizes also in Florence, in collaboration with Fabbrica Europa, an audition for the pre-selection of young dancers (between the ages of 18 and 23) who want to attend the upcoming Training programme 2019-2022 that will begin in September 2019.
Auditions will take place in many European and extra-European cities between December 2018 and March 2019. In Florence, the only date in Italy, the audition will be held on March 23, 2019 at PARC Performing Arts Research Centre (Piazzale delle Cascine 4/5/7), the new venue of Fabbrica Europa.
1) You must register online for a pre-selection which will take place in various cities across Europe and beyond between January and March.
2) Only candidates who have passed the pre-selection will receive an official invitation with a detailed explanation of the final audition. The final audition process takes place in Brussels between April 8 until April 14. The entire full-week participation in this final stage of the audition is necessary to be selected for the Training, so block the dates now!
Before choosing a pre-selection date and city, please note that certain conditions must be met in order to enroll as a student at P.A.R.T.S.:
– candidates must have a high school diploma before September 1 2019
– the minimum and maximum age requirements are 18 and 23 years old before December 31 2019
– a minimum level of English proficiency is required (B2 or higher in CEFR scales); this is essential for being an active participant in the programme.
You have to register for one, and only one, pre-selection date and location through the on-line registration form available at this LINK. Registration ends on Monday before the pre-selection you want to attend. You will be asked to pay the registration fee online (€ 20) at the end of the registration form to complete the procedure.
A more in detail overview of the entire audition procedure and entry criteria is available at this LINK.
For more information on P.A.R.T.S. Training programme, please check the website http://parts.be. If you can’t find an appropriate answer to your question, please feel free to send an e-mail to Els De Meyer, responsible for Student Affairs, at email@example.com.
PRE-SELECTION DATES AND LOCATIONS
December 22, 2018
Reykjavík: Icelandic Dance Company (IDC), Reykjavík City Theatre (Borgarleikhúsið)
January 4, 2019
January 12, 2019
Athens: Dance Cultural Centre (DAN.C.CE)
January 19, 2019
Paris: CND, Centre National de la Danse Pantin
New York City: Gibney Dance
Rio de Janeiro: Centro Coreográfico do Rio de Janeiro
January 26, 2019
Helsinki: ZODIAK / Balettioppilaitos / Finnish National Ballet School
Zurich: Tanzhaus Zürich
February 2, 2019
Riga: Dance School Dzirnas
São Paulo: Lote (Casa do Povo)
February 3, 2019
Montréal: Danse Danse & Les Grands Ballets Canadiens
February 9, 2019
Zagreb: Ana Maletic School for Contemporary Dance
Barcelona: Institut Del Teatre
February 10, 2019
Budapest: TRAFO – House of Contemporary Arts
February 16, 2019
February 18, 2019
Dublin: Dance Ireland, DanceHouse
February 23, 2019
Vienna: Tanzquartier Wien
Tunis: Théâtre de l’Opera de la Cité de la Culture (salle polyvalente “Théâtre Jeunes Créateurs”)
March 2, 2019
Belgrade: Majdan Cultural Center
Partner: Station Service for contemporary dance, Belgrade
March 3, 2019
London: Sadler’s Wells
March 10, 2019
Marseille: KLAP Maison pour la danse
March 16, 2019
Berlin: Radialsystem V
March 23, 2019
Florence: Fabbrica Europa – PARC Performing Arts Research Centre
Lisbon: EVC – Estúdios Victor Córdon
March 30, 2019
Bucharest: WASP – Working Art Space and Production